The High School Ballynahinch, is a school with a long and successful sporting tradition and has always emphasised the importance of pupil involvement in a broad range of both team and individual sporting activity. We foster strong links with local sports clubs.
Physical education seeks to provide pupils with opportunities to:
- experience a wide range of sports activities as part of a curriculum programme;
- become involved in an extensive range of extra curricular sporting activities;
- develop sporting abilities through the provision of specialised coaching;
- participate in both team and individual sporting competitions at school, local and provincial levels;
- develop healthy lifestyles and physical well being;
- enjoy the pleasure which can result from involvement in successful sport;
- create an awareness of the benefits of teamwork.
Areas of Sport Covered Include:
Aerobics, Athletics, Archery, Badminton, Basketball, Cross Country, Gymnastics, Hockey, Netball, Rugby, Soccer, Softball, Volleyball, Swimming, Table Tennis, Tennis, Trampolining
Extra Curricular Activities:
Athletics, Cross Country, Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Scheme, Hockey, Netball, Rugby, Soccer
It is hoped that through participation in sports pupils may adopt life-long interests which improve health and social relationships.