BUSINESS STUDIES is an exciting dynamic course that prepares students for the challenges of the 21st Century by introducing them into the world of business. Whether your aim is to pursue an academic career, train for a profession or become an entrepreneur the necessary knowledge and skills will be provided.
THE BUSINESS STUDIES DEPARTMENT aims to:
Prepare pupils for adult and working life in helping them to acquire appropriate skills for employment and an aptitude for seeking further knowledge.
- Help pupils respond effectively to social and economic changes.
- Help pupils develop skills of collection, analysing and presenting information using a variety of techniques.
- Equip pupils to use ICT in the business context.
- Provide pupils with opportunities to experience entrepreneurship through contacts with businesses.
- Enable pupils to develop communication, decision-making and business skills.
All pupils in Year 10 are introduced to a basic course in Business Studies. Through working with Young Enterprise Northern Ireland, pupils gain practical business experience and key skills, as well as understanding of how these skills can be applied to everyday life and help them succeed in the world of work. We offer GCSE Business Studies along with a varying ICT pathway. We strive to develop numeracy, literacy, discovery and information processing, and to equip pupils with the skills required for employment.