Mr D. Hewitt (HOD)
Mrs K. McDowell
BUSINESS STUDIES is an exciting dynamic course that prepares students for the challenges of the 21st Century by introducing them into the world of business. Whether your aim is to pursue an academic career, train for a profession or become an entrepreneur the necessary knowledge and skills will be provided.
The Aims of our department
THE BUSINESS STUDIES DEPARTMENT aims to:
- Prepare pupils for adult and working life in helping them to acquire appropriate skills for employment and an aptitude for seeking further knowledge.
- Help pupils respond effectively to social and economic changes.
- Help pupils develop skills of collection, analysing and presenting information using a variety of techniques.
- Equip pupils to use ICT in the business context.
- Provide pupils with opportunities to experience entrepreneurship through contacts with businesses.
- Enable pupils to develop communication, decision-making and business skills.